how to stop binge eating
- on Oct 10, 2022
What are some tips for stopping binge eating?
Binge eating is an all-too-common problem in our modern world of processed foods and oversized portions. All too often, people find themselves overeating, feeling stuffed, and then engaging in a cycle of shame and guilt. If you’re struggling with binge eating, here are a few tips to help you break the cycle:
1. Be mindful of your hunger cues. Eating when you’re actually hungry, as opposed to when you’re bored, emotional, or stressed, will help you avoid mindlessly overeating.
2. Don’t deprive yourself. If you try to restrict your eating or cut out certain foods entirely, you’re more likely to end up binging later on. It’s important to allow yourself to enjoy the foods you love in moderation.
3. Avoid trigger foods. If there are certain foods that you know lead you to overeat, try to avoid them altogether, or at least keep them out of the house.
4. Be aware of your portion sizes. It’s easy to overdo it when we’re served large portions, so be mindful of how much you’re actually eating. Using a smaller plate can help with this.
5. Make sure you’re getting enough protein and fiber. These nutrients will help you feel fuller longer and are less likely to lead to overeating.
6. Drink plenty of water. Staying well-hydrated will help to keep your hunger cues in check.
7. Avoid eating late at night. Nighttime eating is often more emotionally-driven than actual hunger, so try to avoid it if possible.
8. Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can contribute to overeating, so make sure you’re getting enough rest.
9. Move your body. Exercise can help to reduce stress and improve your mood, both of which are often triggers for binge eating.
10. Seek professional help. If you find that you can’t seem to stop binge eating on your own, don’t be afraid to seek help from a therapist or counselor.
How to deal with hunger when trying to stop binge eating?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to deal with hunger when trying to stop binge eating will vary depending on the individual. However, some tips on how to deal with hunger when trying to stop binge eating may include:
– Drinks plenty of water: Thirst can often be mistaken for hunger, so staying hydrated is key.
– Eat regular, nutritious meals: Skipping meals can make you more likely to binge eat later on.
– Avoid trigger foods: If there are certain foods that you know trigger your binges, do your best to avoid them.
– Get rid of tempting food: If you have tempting food in your house, get rid of it so that you won’t be tempted to eat it.
– Find a healthy coping mechanism: If you’re feeling stressed or anxious, find a healthy coping mechanism such as exercise or journaling instead of turning to food.
Visit mengeredstoo.co.uk to learn more about how to stop binge eating. Disclaimer: We used this website as a reference for this blog post.