Is there any research about the positive impact of dominatrix therapy?
- on Sep 18, 2023
Yes, there is research that has explored the potential positive impact of dominatrix therapy. Dominatrix therapy (DT), also referred to as dominant/submissive (DS) therapy, is a unique type of psychotherapy that involves engaging in a power exchange between two people in order to explore and work through psychological issues. This power exchange can take many forms, including the dominant party assuming the role of the therapist and providing support and guidance to the submissive party.
A recent study in the Scandinavian Journal of Psychology examined the therapeutic effects of DT and found that engaging in DS activities resulted in notable improvements in well-being. Those in the study reported an increase in self-esteem, a decrease in anxiety and depression, and an improvement in overall psychological quality of life. Participants also experienced a greater sense of control over their lives. In addition, the study found that DT was effective at reducing gender and sexual role-related stigmas and helping people explore their desires and fantasies in a safe and respectful manner.
Other studies have reported similar findings. For example, a qualitative study in the journal Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity concluded that DT can have a positive impact on body image, identity development, and psychological health. Participants highlighted the importance of safe and informed exploration of their desires in order to expand their sense of self, learn acceptance, gain ownership of their power and sexuality, and grow in self-confidence.
It should be noted that while the research on dominatrix therapy is limited, it does provide evidence that participating in DS activities can provide psychological benefits. It is important to remember, however, that this type of therapy should be conducted only in a safe, consensual, and informed manner. Additionally, it is advised that individuals seek out a qualified therapist to discuss if DT is an appropriate option to help them with their individual needs. Resource.
Are there any positions or scenarios that are especially well suited for pantyhose bondage?
When it comes to bondage, pantyhose can be a great material to use. Whether you’re a bondage enthusiast or a curious beginner, pantyhose can easily be utilized in many types of creative and erotic bondage positions and scenarios. For those looking for something more than just rope or handcuffs, pantyhose can be an excellent way to add something special to a BDSM session.
So, what Pantyhose Bondage positions and scenarios are especially well suited for this type of bondage? Here are some of the most popular and best examples:
1. Hogtie Position – A classic bondage position, the hogtie is easy to do with pantyhose. It involves tying the ankles and wrists together behind the back of the person in bondage, creating a bent position that restricts their movement. An extra piece of pantyhose can be added to make the hogtie even tighter and more secure.
2. Bondage Straps – Pantyhose can be used to make bondage straps that can be used to secure someone in whatever position you desire. The straps can be attached to a bed or other secure structure and adjusted to fit the person in bondage snugly and securely.
3. Bodysuit Position – Pantyhose can be used to cover the entire body of the person in bondage, creating a kind of “bodysuit. This can be a great way to severely restrict movement, as well as creating a visual spectacle.
4. Shibari Bondage – Japanese rope bondage, or Shibari, is a beautiful and complex art form that can be achieved with pantyhose. It involves intricate knots and patterns being tied around the body of the person in bondage, creating an aesthetically pleasing position.
5. Armchair Position – This position involves the person in bondage being tied in a seated position, facing out from the chair. Pantyhose can be used to bind the arms and legs in a kneeling, seated, or supine position, with the end result being someone completely immobile and helpless.
Overall, there are many positions and scenarios that are especially well suited for pantyhose bondage. From simple hogties to complex Shibari patterns, pantyhose bondage offers an exciting and unique opportunity to explore the joys of BDSM. As always, be sure to practice safe and consensual bondage at all times.